The Liebster Award
I was pleased and quite surprised to check my blog one day to find that
splashofinspiration.wordpress.com had nominated me for a Liebster award. Very nice since I am shocked anyone reads anything I write about. Except for hubby who found my post about the Korean Immigration office to be a little disturbing. (I have no plans to relocate.) but he made me laugh.
For those who don’t know, “Liebster” is a German word for “beloved” or “dearest,” and can sometimes be “boyfriend.” The Liebster Award is of mysterious origins, but there are some basic rules for those who receive a nomination passed from blogger to blogger:
- Make a list of 11 Random Facts about yourself.
- Answer the Questions that your nominator gave.
- Nominate at least 5 more blogs for the award
- Only nominate blogs that have under 200 followers.
- Obviously let those blogs know that they’ve been nominated.
- You can’t tag back bloggers.
- Come up with at least 5 questions for your nominees.
- Post the badge on your site.
A little bit about me….
1. I love to make jewelry. I love to get together with my friends and have craft day. We use the excuse we are preparing for the gift giving holidays. We claim every year that this will be the year we are prepared. We will enjoy the holidays and not rush around like a crazy person. This years plan, pick 10 to 12 items we want to make. Pick one day each month to craft. It’s May and we have met twice. I think we are on a roll. Ha.
2. I am afraid of bees and wasps. It’s not just a normal fear, it’s a “you better believe I will leave you without hesitation, to find shelter” fear. I don’t believe they are more afraid of me than I am of them. I also do not believe if I ignore them they will go away. My husband knows this. For some reason they do ignore him.
3. Out of 50 states here in the US, I have only been to 15 of them. Although I would like to travel more and see more, I guess I should start here in the US. My recent goal has been planning a trip to South Korea with my friends which we will do, maybe I could work in a little local site seeing first.
4. I recently gave up drinking diet coke. I loved diet coke, not Pepsi or any other brand, just diet coke. I drank it for years and even though I knew it was bad for me, I could not stop. I guess I should say that I chose not to stop. It is addictive, but I just needed to be strong the first couple of days, after that it got easier. I tried one after several weeks, giving into my minds trickery. Honestly, it did not taste the same. It wasn’t that good or refreshing. I tossed it out knowing I had kicked the habit for good.
5. I am not a “girly girl” but deep inside I want to be. I want to wear pretty makeup and high hills and spend more than 10 minutes on my hair, but I just don’t. I guess maybe I just choose not to take the time needed. Maybe I lack the confidence and the skills to pull it off. Maybe I just enjoy being comfortable instead of fashionable. Maybe someday, I will be that girl. But I am not holding my breath.
6. One luxury I would do once a week, if I could afford it—pedicure. I love a great foot message. I like to have pretty polish on my toes. I enjoy the hot water and the salt scrubs, it’s super enjoyable me time. Right now I do it about 2 times a year. Another reason I fall short of being a girly girl.
7. I love to bake. I am not a very good cook, but when it comes to baking…I think I am very good. Hubby loves my cookies, breads, cakes. You name it! I don’t think he’s just being nice either. He really thinks I am good. I would bake ever day if I didn’t feel the need to taste everything. If I didn’t have my current job, I think I would love to be a professional baker.
8. I missed watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer when it originally aired, but I fell in love with it on DVD. Maybe this is not too hard to understand since I named my dog Buffy. I will admit hubby and I both love watching the series. We are huge fans of Joss Whedon. We have watched it several times, and we will watch it several more, I am sure. I think at this moment though, I prefer K dramas….
9. I am still friends with my high school “best friend.” (for over 30 years-and still friends) We still live in the same town. We work at the same place although only see each other once a week for lunch. A weird factoid, both have the same name (Chris.) To relate her to my Asian fascination…my friend was born in Japan, while her father was in the Army and he was stationed there with her mom.
10.I am very good at keeping my husband alive and happy. Honestly I got a little stumped talking about myself and this was his idea. He says I do a great job providing him with clean clothes and good food. What more could a man want? I tend to agree with him. We are both pretty happy, clean and well fed.
11. I never liked to read when I was younger. I had trouble reading and it wasn’t something I did for pleasure. I hated reading required books in school. Then one day, it happened. I read a book and the words became people and places and I could see them in my mind, they weren’t just words, they are living and breathing and sad and happy and entertaining…reading was wonderful!!! I haven’t stopped. I think reading is something to be treasured. I should do it every day and the more I read the more I want to read.
My nominator Questions to me:
1. If you could blog about anything else in the world, what would it be and why? I thought very seriously about starting a blog called HOW TO RAISE YOUR PARENTS. I am the youngest in my family at the time I was called a late in life baby, but now it seems very common for couples to be having babies (sometimes the first one) in their mid to late 30’s/early 40’s. There’s nothing wrong with that, of course, but think about your age when your kids are in high school, graduating college, getting married. My parents were in their 60’s when I was experiencing a lot of these things. I just think I would have an endless supply of advice, funny stories and lots of ideas that make you think.
2.How did you initially get interested in the topic that you blog about? (For K-drama/K-pop people, how did you come across those things in the first place?) A dear friend let me borrow a Kdrama…You’re Beautiful and after a couple of weeks of staring at the box, I decided…what the heck, I will give it a try. That was it. The vortex opened up and sucked me in. I started to annoy family, friends, co-workers as I would always talk about something related to KPOP or KDRAMA’s and they would want to run away…i could see it in their eyes. The BLOG was a way to be able to have my regular life (and stop scaring the people around me) and my super, cool, new KOREAN life.
3.Sike! That URL is taken and your site’s name is copyrighted. Now you have to change your site’s name and web address. What will it be and why? I would try to find something similar…. FUNNY FAN FREAK FOR K-DRAMA’s and address: whothehellsleepsanyway.wordpress.com. But since I am more about the music, maybe…. CODE NAME B.L.U.E. CHICK FOR LIFE @ dragonflowerpower.wordpress.com. I do Love CNBLUE and There are ShinWoo footprints on my heart to prove it.
4.This is your last post ever. What would you address in it? When I start to think about this question I want someone to grab my wrist and spin me around, then with eyes WIDE open plant a sweet kiss on my forehead, and tell me “there will never be a last post, not while I’m around.” And then we will leave the airport and walk directly into a water fountain park (because it’s there.) Now that we are both drenched but our hair is still beautifully styled, we rush home because one of us will surely have a fever and the other one will need to make some soup. When I finally come to my senses, I realize this relationship will never work out because I am too poor and he is too rich and handsome. But maybe, just maybe, this is my last post—for now. Because we all know that this is episode 20, but the writers have already started thinking of a synopsis for another story and all the bloggers will continue writing, happily ever after.
5.You have to pick one specific topic (it can’t be too general like “movies”) to blog about for an entire month. What topic would you choose and why did you choose it? (Try to stay within the confines of what you currently blog about.) I think I could write forever about dramas featuring the boys from CNBLUE. They all have the acting bug and they have already been in very popular shows. I know if I only wrote about their drama’s it could go on forever. Acting in the drama, drama is released, drama then goes global and released in 20 languages. Many fan signing events!!! OST comes out, songs are a hit, boys are popular, boys get more roles in dramas….it’s never ending I CAN ONLY HOPE!
Photo credit: FNC (CNBLUE on location in Los Angeles)
- Cnboicee.wordpress.com…..this blog is great, I love all the TWEETS that are posted about my Favorite band…and the latest happenings!!!
- faytheodie.wordpress.com …this blog is fun and I love her enthusiasm about dramas and CNBLUE. She recently went to SK and posted some great shots.
- ineptseamstress.wordpress.com. …just knowing it used to be about sewing and now it’s about Kdramas was enough for me. I love your insight.
- streamingserendipity.wordpress.com. …..it was your opinions and comparisons to Game of Thrones that had me sold.
- Trailofthelionking.wordpress.com …..very interesting take on many sports, haircuts and a bit of hiking and travel around South Korea.
My questions for my nominees:
1. What possessed you to start a blog anyway?
2. Depending on how long you have been blogging, if you had started it 5 or 10 years earlier, what would your blog subject have been? (My example in one word TWILIGHT)
3. If you could only pick one, TV or Computer, what would you pick and why?
4. Coffee or tea? And why?
5. You wake up one morning and your domestic animal can now talk to you, cool or scary?